Cindy Puts in the Time, are you able to chip in a "Dime?"

"The true foundation of liberty is disobedience, the obedient must be slaves." Henry David Thoreau

 Vandenberg AFB, February 2012

Dear Friends, 

Since my son was killed in Iraq in April of 2004, I have marched a thousand miles for peace and justice; given a thousand speeches around the world; received dozens of awards for my peace work, maintain my weekly podcast; run for federal office (twice); written a thousand articles and six books (the 7th one is on the way); and been arrested about 20 times (I lost count).

Some of the arrests have literally been pieces of cake--like my most recent one up in Bangor, Washington on August 6th, when we were protesting at the nuclear sub base--but some have been horrifying and have taken awhile to recover from. Like the time an NYPD jerk dragged me about 20 feet and dislocated my shoulder and gave me a concussion; or the time I was subjected to subhuman conditions in Waco, Texas--or the time I spent the night in an overcrowded, squalid cell in Sacramento, California. As bad as some of the experiences have been--I feel it is my duty as a good citizen of this planet to confront these bad citizens who create war and wreak economic and environmental havoc on MY PLANET! 

Currently, I have two cases pending in Federal Court (for the arrest at Vandenberg--trial next week; and my ongoing persecution by the IRS for my principled act of war-tax resistance), and while the physical toll varies, the financial burden is getting harder. 

The cost of traveling to the trials, most likely for more than a day and taking the time off of other productive endeavors (although, I consider civil resistance as a productive endeavor, most of the time), is becoming prohibitive.

I have created a "CHIP IN" campaign if you would like to help me cover these (IL)legal expenses.

Any amount will be much appreciated! 

CLICK PICTURE OF ONE OF CINDY'S MANY ARRESTS (OCTOBER 2009) IN FRONT OF WHITE HOUSE TO DONATE




Or send a check/money order to:
Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox, LLC
PO Box 6264
Vacaville, Ca 95696

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY UPCOMING TRAVELS AND
EVENTS IN SAN JOSE, SANTA BARBARA, PHILLY,
OHIO AND NYC

CLICK HERE FOR AN ARCHIVE OF MY PODCAST


Comments

  1. "ChipIn" usually gives you some Flash code to embed in your web page...??? (http://www.chipin.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please limit your comments to the content of the posts---not your self-perceived, self-righteous, personal opinions of the authors/activists who post at this blog. Personal attacks, or threats of violence will not be posted....moderator.

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)