Could You Do It?

Could You Do It?
Cindy Sheehan

Yes, they are getting ready for another war. Why shouldn't they? It pays high dividends. But what does it profit the men who are killed? What does it profit their mothers and sisters, their wives and their sweethearts? What does it profit their children? What does it profit anyone except the very few to whom war means huge profits?

War is a Racket by Major General Smedley Butler


Could you plunge a knife into the heart of a sleeping baby or into the stomach of a pregnant woman?

Could you shoot an entire family while they slept cozily in their beds at night?

Could you pick off students with a sniper’s rifle one-by-one as they skipped out of school while viewing their innocent faces clearly through the scope?

“No!” Why not? “Because I am not a psychopath,” you smugly tell yourself.

What if you could murder these people long distance by either ordering their killings, or pressing a button from hundreds, even thousands of miles away that would drop a deadly bomb on their innocent heads? Could you, would you do it?

I still get a lot of flak from a part in a book I wrote called Peace Mom where I talk about seeing an episode of The Twilight Zone. In this episode a woman is sent back into time to kill Hitler when he is a baby, but she could not do it, even though she knows that she will prevent millions of innocent people from dying. I was in such indescribable pain at the time, I wondered if I could go back in time to kill a baby George Bush before he could grow up to murder my own son and thousands of others. However, as I recounted in my book…I decided that I could never kill a baby. How many people besides Bush, Hitler, Obama, etc, are able to slaughter innocent people by the boatload?

President Obama is inheriting two occupations and continuing many other crimes from the Bush regime. The cross-border drone raids into Pakistan murder innocent people with the press of a button here in the states. In an historically incomprehensible move, (one can practically hear a pin drop from the anti-war movement) Obama will send more troops to Afghanistan, which will do nothing but kill more innocent Afghans and troops, and further destabilize a region that is already teetering on the brink of oblivion.

I originally wanted to title this piece: Obama are you Effing stupid? But he is not stupid, so his continued Bushian trajectory can only be intentional and he needs willing foot soldiers, trigger pullers, bomb droppers and snipers to wage his war of terror on the world, as did Bush.

Obama is turning out to be a Chicken-hawk a la Clinton, Bush (II) and Cheney who have never worn the uniform of this country (well, Bush did in the Air National Guard before he went AWOL to avoid drug testing) but send our children off to war to die or kill innocent babies with nary a tweak in their consciences.

If you cannot kill innocent people in close quarters, or even at a distance, then the US military is not the job for you. If you don’t want to be shuffled around the world stage to be used as a paid assassin for yet another Chicken-hawk, this is definitely not the job for you.

My son, Casey, was told by his recruiter that even if there were a war he “would not see combat,” as he would be going in a support role. In time of war, there is no such thing as a military “non-combatant” and even I knew this nine years ago when Casey enlisted. Casey, a HUMVEE mechanic was killed five days into his deployment in Iraq, in COMBAT, on a mission he was forced to go on.

There is no such thing as a “good war” or a “smart war.”

The mis-leadership of our country is as out of control as a blood-thirsty serial killer and will keep committing its crimes as long as it has the personnel to carry out its murders. The Robber Class (or the children of the Robber Class) would never do the dirty work for itself!

Could you kill for the Robber Class?

Could you die for the Robber Class?

Could you do it?

Comments

  1. If it was for saving people's lives, it would still haunt me for the rest of my life to have to kill. Sometimes in the past with Nursing I almost briefly got the sense that I was killing someone when I started Morphine drips on patients and extubated them and took them off the ventilator, even though I knew it was to help them end their life comfortably and allow them to die- which is what I would want someone to do for me if I was in that situation. Sometimes I think people believe that oil is the world's drug and that we can't function and would die without it. I would rather kill myself than have to kill someone just for the Robber Barrens, although I would not want my family to be in grief that I was dead. People are able to look the other way and play along that the wars are for freedom and democracy and pay no mind that Cheney Geney Oil and the Oil Oligarchs get rich or that the weapons manufacturers gets rich, because they really think even if it is for the predicament of our oil addiction, there is no way around it. "Whoever controls oil controls the world". I don't think most people even understand the Petro dollar system that was put in place under Nixon with Saudi Arabia and how control of what currency other countries pay for their oil in is what props up the US dollar and world economy. Also, controlling how much oil is in circulation also affects the world economy. I read the USA doesn't import oil any more though.I guess we have enough. What a mess we have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please limit your comments to the content of the posts---not your self-perceived, self-righteous, personal opinions of the authors/activists who post at this blog. Personal attacks, or threats of violence will not be posted....moderator.

Popular posts from this blog

B@ST@RD BILLION@IRES & L@ZY LIBS WITH MICKEY-Z (SOAPBOX PODCAST 4/27/22)

This Blog Will Become Inactive Soon (Message from Cindy)

SheeLilly#2 Cindy and Dakotah Rate the Final Season of the USA (PODCAST 10 JUNE 2022)