The Sign-On Letter to Barack We'd Like to See
The “Sign-On Letter” We’d Like to See
We have signed numerous letters to you calling for you to do numerous things that many of us would like to see you do—including, but not limited to:
- Institution of a National Single-Payer Health Care system
- Bringing US troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan
- Quit bombing Pakistan with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones)
- Not bomb Libya
- Free Bradley Manning
- Ending of the use of nuclear technology for energy
- Investigate the Bush crime cabal
- Investigate and punish those responsible for contaminating the Gulf of Mexico
- Denouncing US sanctions against Venezuela
- Not to reauthorize the illegal and immoral USA PATRIOT ACT
- Not to resume military tribunals in Guantanamo
- To close Guantanamo
- Rapidly develop a zero carbon economy
- End unconditional US support of Israel in its immoral occupation of Palestine (including withholding over 3 billion dollars/year in foreign aid).
It’s funny (sad) that you continually pander to, and simultaneously blame, the political fascist, racist right when its policies are violent and economically oppressive to the working-class. On any (every) given day that means your political decisions are, yes, violent and economically oppressive, ecologically destructive, and socially irresponsible.
Barry—we aren’t begging you to do anything, and our letter carries no clout because we never supported you and we never intend to support you; rather, we just wanted to write this to let you know that we aren’t buying the Imperial BS for which you are currently Head Salesman.
We want to let you know that there are a few people out here in the realm who see you for the fraud that you are.
Oh, the Emperor does have clothes, all right, but they are the lederhosen of a marionette cheerfully and willfully dancing for his corporate puppeteers.
(Anyone who would like to sign on to this letter, please send an email to:
UnitedRevs@gmail.com with your name and a short identifying remark)
Cindy Sheehan, Grieving mother and admitted idealist
Gregory Vickrey, Board Member, Peace of the Action
Nancy Jakubiak, Clarksville, In
Jerry ClapSo Avissato
Anna Marie Stenberg, Grandmother who is ashamed to be an American
Missy Beattie, Board member of Peace of the Action
Elizabeth F. Kaplan,
Don DeBar, Ossining, NY
Jon Gold, Advocate for 9/11 Justice
Heather Harman, Mother and Human Being
Malcolm Chaddock, Member, Veterans For Peace Ch 72 Portland, OR
Cory Morningstar, Climate Justice Advocate
David Swanson, author of War is a Lie